Sports and Yoga
Rita Mae Brown had opined, “Sports strips away personality, letting the white bone of character shine through. Sports gives players an opportunity to know and test themselves”.
Sports and physical fitness, indeed, occupy a place of prominence amongst the co-curricular activities in the school, for the important role that they play not only in character formation but also in instilling positive values among students.
- Edusports– a structured Physical Education and Sports programme from Kindergarten to Grade 3 to help create a generation of healthier & fitter children equipped with key life-skills all through the magic of sports.
- Yoga – Every student at Pushkarini is encouraged to take up yoga in the growth towards a healthier and disciplined tomorrow. Students take part in Yoga competitions at the Interschool, State and National level.
- Basket Ball – Exclusive basket ball court with after school coaching by professional coach during and after school hours for boys and girls.
- Tennis – 2 Tennis courts with personalised coaching from Grades 1 to 10 by professional coaches.
- Shuttle court
- Cricket – Our students represent the Mysore City in under 10, 12 and 15 categories at the District and State level Tournaments conducted by City clubs and the Karnataka State Cricket Association
- Indoor Sports – 6 Table Tennis tables, Carrom, Chess and Traditional Games