Manasarowar Pushkarini Vidyashrama is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and follows the academic programme as recommended by the NCERT. The medium of instruction is English and students greet teachers and elders in Sanskrit.
Education would be much more effective if its purpose was to ensure that by the time they leave school every boy and girl should know how much they do not know, and be imbued with a lifelong desire to know it.William Hale
We believe that academic achievement is the ability to solve problems, develop a world wise view and the ability to see things in perspective. Our efforts are to remain abreast with the latest in the field of education, so that the academic programme at Pushkarini remains contemporary and rigorous at all times.
We view an academically rigorous curriculum as one that has high levels of student engagement and learning. That often means being flexible with how we teach—adapting lesson plans to increase understanding to enhance their knowledge and creating lessons that drive conceptual understanding rather than encouraging mere rote learning.
Our Academic Focus:
- Creating a platform for our students to go beyond standard classroom teaching learning techniques and assessments and address real-world issues that need a reasoned and logical approach.
- Enabling students with an increased appreciation for knowledge, developing their capacity for learning and having higher self-esteem that comes from being able to understand and solve problems.
- Engaging with purpose in learning experiences that stimulate thought and result in deeper understanding and improved achievement.
- Promoting critical thinking, creativity, interpersonal skills and a sense of social responsibility among students.
- Making students at the primary level become ‘independent readers’ thereby enhancing reflection and introspection. Making students at the high school level become ‘independent thinkers’ – questioning, creative and innovative individuals.
- Cultivating the curious mind of the child and engage him/her with purpose in thought provoking, authentic, practical and relevant activities.
- Challenging students with different learning activities.
- Integrating technology into the classroom is an effective way to connect with students of all learning styles.
- Building a student centred teaching learning process and empowering students to take ownership of their learning
- Our school strictly implements no homework policy for children of grade 1 and 2.